Blotting Paper

An attempt to capture a handful of the random thoughts which pass through my head.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Blotting Paper

Of Fairytales and Happy Endings......

Life was supposed to be all figured out by 23. By 23 i was supposed to have it all - Fame, Love and Fortune. Well i'm 23 now, Fame and Fortune? - Still a long way to go, and for Love - well, i'm still a believer, but not quite the same.

At 23 life's less figured out then it was in the days i wanted to be an astronaut or a teacher. I think the greatest difference between me at 12 and me at 23 is the slow deterioration of that cheery eyed optimism that was once so much a part of me.

Of late i find myself desperately hanging on to all things that bring back a semblance of that hope that seems to have eluded me. I guess deep down, i still want to believe in fairytales and happy endings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home